CW Columbus - WWHO
Stay Connected: Contact Us

Alissa's Blog

#ByeFelicia: Famous In 12 Cancelled

07/08/14

Famous In 12

I went on vacation for a week and Famous in 12 was cancelled!

While I was watching what turned out to be the final episode on DVR, I initially thought Harvey Levin's announcement that he's sending them back to Beaumont was some sort of plot twist. It wasn't. And TMZ/CW is not bringing another family in to try their luck either.

Nope, five weeks after the social experiment began, it ended.

TMZ wanted to find out if they could make an ordinary family famous using their cameras, website and a reality show on the CW. They naively figured that Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian became famous out of nowhere so why couldn't that happen for another family? Of course Paris and Kim were born into rich and somewhat famous families already, so replicating that type of success was going to take a lot more than 12 weeks, a Summer reality show on the CW, and a few crass posts on TMZ.com anyway.

Unfortunately for the Artiagas, in the five weeks it was on the air, relatively few people tuned in. The series - airing Tuesday nights at 8pm - averaged about 500,000 viewers per week (0.2/1 in the demo) and even in the Summer that's pretty low.  (Its worth noting that a Change.org petition asking the CW to give the Artiaga Family their final 7 weeks to become famous received a measly 121 signatures.)

The Famous in 12 Family isn't giving up on their quest for fame though. According to their Twitter feeds, they are still in LA and still hoping to gain a huge following. They've asked their fans to follow them on their new Twitter page @FamousIn12Uncut.

Famous in 12 UncutFamous in 12

For now, you can catch up on Arrow Tuesday nights at 8pm on the CW Columbus!

#FamousIn12: What The Artiagas Need

06/17/14

FAMOUS IN 12 -- Pictured: The Artiaga Family

They've got the good looks, the want-to, and the TV show.

What the Artiagas need is money.

People like to watch reality shows about rich people.  Real Housewives, Rich Kids of Beverly Hills, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Basketball Wives are all, at their core, about people swimming in excess.  The Artiagas want to be famous. They want people to watch them, so they need to (or at least pretend to) have money.  Right now, they're like your average family next door and no one wants to watch a reality show about their boring neighbors. But a reality show about the people who live in the mansions across town, riding in and out of their gated communities? That's must-see TV! 

We get that the family wants to be famous, but that's not enough. Right now, there is nothing aspirational about the Artiagas. Watching them doesn't feel like they're pulling back a veil on the lifestyles of the rich. It doesn't make the viewer feel like they're being let inside of an exclusive club. They want so bad to be the Kardashians, but the Kardashians only pretend to be relatable. The Artiagas are relatable and it's oddly disappointing. 

I'm sure they're going to turn up the drama each and every week, but their antics would be far more entertaining if they were carrying Birkin bags, wearing Fendi sunglasses, and driving Bugattis.  

They don't need more drama or more fistfights (please no more fistfighting!). They need Givenchy shoes, Michael Costello Couture gowns, Prada bags and Azatur black diamond luxe lacquer manicures. 

Even if they can't suddenly become flush with cash in the next few weeks, they need to at least try to dress like rich, famous people. That doesn't even necessarily take a LOT of money, they just need some very convincing look-like-high-end outfits. 

The Artiaga's fashion isn't atrocious, but it's definitely not something to look twice at. The daughters, Maariyah, Taliah and Jameelah  have these amazing bodies, yet they're wearing clothes from Target and Value City. They're going to the "hottest places in LA" looking like they just left a little league soccer game. The newsstands in Beaumont don't sell Vogue magazine?  

The Artiagas - Mike and Angie included - need to drop whatever they're doing and make a day trip to the nearest reputable department store for a much-needed shopping spree - even if the clothes are just to rent. 

Looking the part is half the battle and this family is losing. 

Here's hoping they step their fashion up in the next few weeks! I know they can do it!

Famous In 12 airs Tuesday nights at 8pm on the CW Columbus!

What Does It Mean To Be #FamousIn12?

06/17/14

Famous In 12

Well, at least they're honest. 

That was my first thought when I heard of the new show "Famous In 12".

From the CW:

All-new reality docuseries FAMOUS IN 12 premiered Tuesday, June 3 (8:00-9:00 pm ET). FAMOUS IN 12 is an unscripted series/social experiment that will film one fame-seeking family around the clock for 12 weeks straight. The family will be guided by the TMZ machine, which will create a series of opportunities for them. TMZ and Harvey Levin will help, and additional experts will be brought in throughout the course of the series to provide input and guidance on the path to fame, but it is up to the family to pull it off. Throughout their 12-week quest, the family will circulate through some of Los Angeles' most populated - and popular - venues in order to seize opportunities that might come calling. 

This show is original in its brazen approach. Most reality show castmembers pretend any resulting fame is an unintended byproduct and never admit it is the goal. This show cuts out all shuck and jive and gets right to the point - try to be famous in the next 12 weeks.

Judging from shows like this one, Rich Kids of Beverly Hills, Real Housewives of Wherever and etc, I think we all just need to accept that by the time the next generation of preschoolers comes around "Famous" will be a legitimate answer to "What do you want to be when you grow up?" 

How the Artiagas will know if they're "famous" isn't clear. What does it mean to be famous? It is People Magazine covers and E! True Hollywood Specials? Is it starring in a movie or winning Dancing With the Stars? Is it two million Instagram followers or a dedicated hashtag on Twitter? Is it 8 million views on Youtube and guest appearances on Good Morning America? Is it all of those things? None of them? 

Just how "famous" they intend to be isn't clear either. Beyonce is famous but so is Amber Rose. Mindy Kaling and Bruno Mars are famous but so is Antoine "Hide-Ya-Wife" Dodson and Sweet "I-Aint-Got-Time-For-That" Brown. 

Is Harvey Levin judging how famous they are based on someone else? That seems hard to measure as well. Who is more "famous" J. Lo or J. Law? Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift? Nia Long or Sanaa Lathan?    

Famous.in.12

They seem to be loosely modeling themselves after the Kardashian clan, but so far they seem to resemble the Honey Boo Boo Family more than the Kardashians, but hey! Honey Boo Boo is famous too so...mission accomplished? 

I wish Harvey would encourage the daughters to become famous for something because that  would make their success easier to measure. For instance, if they would let Maariyah release a single at least we could measure her "fame" by iTunes sales. Instead, Harvey is letting her market herself as the World's Sexiest Virgin (true story) and the daughters are wearing bikinis and giving away free cupcakes to celebs on a street corner (also a true story). 

After watching the first two episodes, I'm kind of rooting for them though. There are people who become famous in a matter of days (has anyone seen Ted "Golden Voice" Williams by the way?). For this family, twelve weeks is plenty of time. 

Besides, doesn't the sheer facts that they're the stars of a television show, are being followed around by TMZ cameras and are the subject of a blog written by a strange girl living in Ohio make them sorta famous already? 

What do you think of Famous In 12? 

Hair Update: My 3rd Keratin Complex Treatment At J. Bentley

06/09/14

Today, I got another Keratin treatment!

Keratin Treatment

This is my third since January of 2013.

I've written about the process extensively here and here.

I got my first one in January 2013, another in October of 2013 then again today, June 9th.

Im going to try to get them more often moving forward, but honestly, the salon does such a good job of keeping my hair straight between treatments, I dont realize its time for a new one until its waaay past time. (The treatment is supposed to last 3-5 months, depending on lifestyle and maintenance.) This was never, ever the case when I getting relaxers.  I waited a long time, but it was incredibly obvious because relaxers grow out. Keratin treatments gradually wash out so there isnt this huge difference in texture.

Today, I was a hair model for a training class at J. Bentley Studio and Spa about how to apply Keratin Complex Treatments. J. Bentley is a hair sponsor for CW Columbus, so this is an incredible "CW Star" perk :). Taira Harris is a certified Keratin trainer and the treatment is gaining in popularity so she trained the other stylist how to do it too.

As a sidenote: Ive never worked at a salon, but it seems like J. Bentley does a fantastic job of keeping their clients trained and up on the latest and greatest products for their clients!

In the class today, I was getting the Keratin Complex treatment and Sabrina " another hair model and also a nail esthetician there - was getting the Keratin Advanced Glycolic Smoothing Treatment. There are very important differences between the treatments, but after todays class, the stylists know how to do both!

Of course, I took TONS of pictures:

Before pic...and attentive stylists!
Before pic...and attentive stylists!
Ready for my wash!
Ready for my wash!
Towel dry
Towel dry
Chillin in the blowout bar
Chillin in the blowout bar
Products!
Products!
Taira blowdrying my hair!
Taira blowdrying my hair!
Handoff to Amber and Stephanie! Two of my faves :)
Handoff to Amber and Stephanie! Two of my faves :)

Keratin Treatment

It takes a village, but they got it dry!
It takes a village, but they got it dry!
Keratin Application time!
Keratin Application time!
Stephanie waiting patiently for her turn...rocking the cutest skirt, btw!
Stephanie waiting patiently for her turn...rocking the cutest skirt, btw!

Keratin Treatment

Savannah's turn!
Savannah's turn!
Nikki gives it a shot!
Nikki gives it a shot!

Keratin 3 - 15

Four hands are better than two!
Four hands are better than two!
Kelsey saturating my hair with Keratin!
Kelsey saturating my hair with Keratin!
And on the other side, Cierra gets it done!
And on the other side, Cierra gets it done!
Tyra explaning how important it is to treat the edges!
Tyra explaning how important it is to treat the edges!

Keratin Treatment

Can't believe all my hair fit under this cap!
Can't believe all my hair fit under this cap!
The key to making a Keratin last: PRODUCTS! May as well not get the treatment if you're not going to get the right products to maintain it.
The key to making a Keratin last: PRODUCTS! May as well not get the treatment if you're not going to get the right products to maintain it.
Flat iron time!!
Flat iron time!!
All done!
All done!

Now that its in, for the next three days, I must keep my hair bone straight.

I am not allowed to get my hair wet (which I try my best to NEVER do anyway!), put my hair in a ponytail, wear a hat or even tuck the hair behind my ears. It must stay stick straight for three days while the treatment cures then I will go back to the salon and get it washed and styled.

I honestly love Keratin treatments. They are way better than relaxers  (no more scalp burning and scabs!)

Theyre on the pricey side, but right now J. Bentley has an amazing 50% off special going on with this Groupon: http://www.groupon.com/deals/j-bentley-studio-spa-2

Its worth it!

THE CW ANNOUNCES 2014-2015 FALL SCHEDULE

05/15/14

The CW is wrapping up its most watched season in three years and today they announced the Fall lineup. Your favorite shows are gone until October (or gone for good if you're a Carrie Diaries, Star Crossed or The Tomorrow People fan), but three new dramas and one comedy will be joining them upon their return. 

The network's latest press release is below:

The CW Adds Three New Dramas And One NewComedy Next Season

Description: FLA101f_0817r.jpgDescription: JAV101A_0340ra.jpg

Monday Nights Start with the Heart-StoppingBad Boys of The Originals, Followed by the Heartwarming Comedy of Jane theVirgin

Tuesday Nights are Action-Packed, with TheCW's Newest Super Hero, The Flash, Followed by the Tenth Season ofSupernatural

Wednesday Nights Stay on Target with theReturn of Arrow and the Critically Acclaimed Adventure "The 100"

Bloody, Sexy Drama Returns to Thursdays with"The Vampire Diaries" and "Reign"

Fridays Bring Smiles and Smizes with WhoseLine Is It Anyway? and "America's Next Top Model"

New Dramas iZombie and The MessengersWill Debut Midseason

The CW's Hit Online Show Will Air This Summer On The Network!

04/10/14

Get ready for scripted comedy on your favorite station! Backpackers will premiere on the CW Network this Summer with TEN original 30-minute episodes! 

Check out the press release below and, if you've never seen an episode, click here to get caught up: http://cwseed.com/shows/backpackers/

-------------------

CW SEED'S "BACKPACKERS" BECOMES THE NETWORK'S FIRST DIGITAL SERIES TO MAKE LEAP FROM ONLINE TO ON-AIR,

WITH BRAND NEW EPISODES SET TO DEBUT ON THE CW TELEVISION NETWORK

BACKPACKERS Will Premiere on The CW Network This Summer with 
10 Original Half-Hour Episodes

THE REAL BACKPACKERS Digital Series to Launch in Summer on CW Seed

April 8, 2014 (Burbank, CA) - In a first for the networks digital studio, CW Seed, the original digital series BACKPACKERS will make the jump from online-only to the broadcast network, with brand new original episodes of BACKPACKERS set to premiere on The CW Television Network this summer.

Since launching last year, one of our missions for CW Seed was for it to serve as an incubator for new talent and new ideas, said Rick Haskins, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Digital Programs, The CW. We're very excited to see BACKPACKERS turn from a short-form digital series into a full-length broadcast television show, and we are continuing to look at CW Seed for other possibilities to transform content and for creative new ways of doing business.

BACKPACKERS will premiere with ten original half-hour episodes on The CW Network later this summer, with a date and time to be announced at a later date. The first four episodes contain material previously released as digital episodes on CW Seed; the final six wholly original episodes will be specifically written and produced for The CW Network.

In BACKPACKERS, best friends Ryan (Noah Reid, Titanic) and Brandon (Dillon Casey, "Nikita") race across Europe in search of Ryan's missing bride-to-be, while also struggling with the eternal twenty-something question of what to do with their lives. When Ryan's lost journal suddenly gets posted online and explodes across the internet, Ryan's life dream of becoming a published author becomes real " if only he can track down the jerk who stole the journal. With Brandon's slacker brother Andrew (Giacomo Gianniotti, Reign) in tow, they travel from Thailand to Canada in search of the missing journal, while also seeking the ultimate answers to life, love and partying. BACKPACKERS is produced by Shaftesbury U.S. and Smokebomb Entertainment, Shaftesbury's award-winning digital media arm, in association with The CW Television Network. Developed for television and produced by Jay Bennett, BACKPACKERS is executive produced by Maggie Murphy, Christina Jennings, Scott Garvie and Tom Mazza.

"It has been such a wonderful creative experience partnering with The CW on BACKPACKERS," said Maggie Murphy, Head, Shaftesbury U.S. This is our first online project to travel to television and a perfect example of how digital storytellers and broadcasters can come together to incubate and migrate content across multiple platforms.

Corresponding with the BACKPACKERS series on-air, CW Seed will launch THE REAL BACKPACKERS as a corresponding digital reality series this summer. Guide Annie Unnold will travel to the same locations as her fictional BACKPACKERS counterparts, going behind the scenes and beyond the set to find the best real-life places to eat, drink and party " first in Europe and then in Canada.

2014 CW Finale Dates!!

03/07/14

CW_Primetime_Sched_EPac_4x3 REVISED

No one is looking forward to warm weather more than I am, but what I'm not looking forward to is my favorite shows going on hiatus for the Summer!

Alas, it's happening and here's when:

The Tomorrow People

May 5

9pm

Star-Crossed

May 12

8pm

The Originals

May 13

8pm

Arrow

May 14

8pm

The Vampire Diaries

May 15

8pm

Reign

May 15

9pm

Hart of Dixie

May 16

9pm

Supernatural

May 20

9pm

The 100

June 11

9pm

The great news is, we still have plenty of great episodes of each show until then so don't miss a single one!

What Did You Think Of The Golden Globes?

01/13/14

golden-globes-logo

Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? I did! 

love award shows. The fashion, the jokes, the surprise wins, the surprise snubs. All of it is fantastic. 

My favorite part of last night was Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting.

rs_1024x759-140112175706-1024.2amy-poehler-tina-fey-golden-globes.ls.11214_copy_2

I'm not a huge fan of either of them, but they were pretty funny as hosts. My favorite Golden Globes MC was actually Ricky Gervais in 2012. He was hilarious!

My least favorite part was Jennifer Lawrence winning again. She is seriously the best supporting actress in all of Hollywood? The Hunger Games girl? 

rs_560x415-140112180741-1024.jennifer-lawrence-winner-golden-globes-2014

My favorite look of the night was Lupita Nyong'o. This red Ralph Lauren cape dress is absolutely stunning. 

Lupita Nyong'o

I also liked Amy Poehler's dress. Simple and classic.

Tina-Fey-Amy-Poehler-Carolina-Herrera-Stella-McCartney-4

Who was your favorite look from the Golden Globes? Tweet me at @AlissaHenryTV

(PS. Cameron and I recapped the Golden Globes on Good Day Columbus today. You can watch it here: http://www.cwcolumbus.com/newsroom/features/cw-star/videos/the-morning-after-golden-globes-recap-211.shtml)

"Brides Against Breast Cancer" Tour Is Coming to Columbus!

11/22/13

BABC web_size accessories (2)I'm always looking for a great sale and this weekend there is a major one in happening in Columbus: The Brides Against Breast Cancer Nationwide Tour of Gowns.

Saturday and Sunday from noon until 4pm at the Westin Hotel downtown, hundreds of new and lovingly worn designer and couture wedding gowns in all shapes and styles will be available at an incredible savings. The charity gown sale will raise more than two million dollars this year and the proceeds will provide free support programs and services for those impacted by cancer.

The gowns prices range from $75 up to 4 grand and the sizes are from 4-18. For brides on a budget, they also offer layaway!

So if you're looking for that mermaid, lace, fit and flare or sweetheart neckline wedding gown, get a beautiful bargain while contributing to a great cause.

Or, if (like me) you're already married, your dress can make a difference! You can donate your gown to BABC and receive a tax deduction. You can also TEXT the word BRIDES to 85944 to donate $10 to Brides Against Breast Cancer.

I'll be covering the event on ABC 6 and Fox 28's Good Day Columbus this Sunday from 6:45am until 10am so be sure to tune in! If you're not in the viewing area, watch LIVE online at ABC6OnYourSide.com from 6:45-8 then click over to MyFox28Columbus.com from 8am -10am. 

What I'm Watching: REIGN

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - What I
11/12/13

Yesterday, the CW announced they are picking up Reign for a full season and I am SO excited! I love that show!

If you haven't yet gotten into the CW's new period piece starring Adelaide Kane, get into it! It's like Keira Knightley's Pride and Prejudice meets Gossip Girl meets some 16th century war movie I never watched. Seriously, it's good.

And of course, along with the drama, intrigue, suspense and handsome men, there is the Elizabethan era fashion. The lovely, lovely clothes. I absolutely love the fashion from that era. It's like wearing a vintage prom dress every single day. In fact, whose idea was it to tone down the dresses we wear today? Bring back the floor length gowns, corsets, laces, and embroidery!

RE100a_003r REIGN

Snakes in the Garden Chosen

A Chill In The Air Kisses

If you haven't seen the show, Reign is set in 1557 France and the series follows the life of 15-year-old Mary, Queen of Scots at French court while she awaits her marriage to Francis, the heir to the throne of France, whom she has been engaged to since they were children. At court, Mary has to contend with the changing politics and power plays, as well as her burgeoning feelings for Francis. Francis' mother, Queen Catherine de' Medici, is secretly trying to prevent the marriage due to the advice of Nostradamus, who had a vision that the wedding will lead to Francis' death. The series also follows the affairs of Mary's Scottish handmaidens Lola, Kenna, Greer and Aylee, who are searching for husbands of their own at court.

It airs on Thursday nights at 9pm on the CW Columbus. Tweet me if you're watching @AlissaHenryTV :)

Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe

10/27/13

Every now and then, when the mood strikes, I'll actually make one of the many, many recipes I've pinned on Pinterest. Sometimes those recipes turn out to be a total disaster (like my oven dried Strawberries), but sometimes they turn out great! And this recipe in particular is one of my favorites: Buffalo Chicken Dip.

I like it because it's easy to make and my husband loves it! He even told his mom about it the last time we saw her. When a man brags to his mom about something his woman makes, you know it's gotta be good. 

If you want to give your guy something to write home about, or you just want to make something easy and delicious for your friends (or for yourself), try this buffalo chicken dip. There are a hundred different variations of this recipe online, but here is mine! It's a variation of what comes on the Franks Red Hot sauce bottle. 

(Sidenote: there are healthier versions of this recipe, but if it's your first time, I suggest you go for the full fat version. That way, if it's gross, you'll know you screwed up and that it's not because you used fat-free ranch and some weird cheese substitute.)

You'll need:

2 Cups of Shredded Chicken (Some people use canned chicken. I am weirded out by warm, shelved meat so I either cook chicken breasts then shred them OR I buy one of those $5 already cooked Rotisserie chickens from the grocery store and shred part of that).

2 Cups of Shredded Cheese divided (I used three-cheese Kraft but some people use sharp cheddar or mozzarella.)

1 8oz package of Cream Cheese (I used the tub instead of the block because it's softer, but you can soften the block)

1/4 cup of Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (or plain hot sauce if that's all you have)

1/2 cup of Ranch dressing (or Blue Cheese, but I think Ranch is better!)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.

Add ranch and keep stirring

In separate bowl, mix Frank's Buffalo Sauce with the chicken

Stir coated chicken into the mix

Stir in one cup of cheese.

If you love cheese like I do, after it's all mixed up, sprinkle the second cup of cheese on the top

BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through

Stir then serve with Tostitos "Hint of Lime" chips

Did you try this recipe? What did you think? Tweet me @AlissaHenryTV 

Celebrate My Drive: Help Pickerington High School Central Win a Kelly Clarkson Concert!

10/18/13

KC

Last Friday, Cameron and I had the opportunity to attend Pickerington High School Central's Homecoming Pep Rally.

Pickerington High School Central MASCOT

While we were there, we played games, mingled with students and - most importantly - helped promote safe driving practices.

State Farm was also in attendance at the event to talk about the Celebrate my Drive competition.

Celebrate My Drive is a national competition, where students get community support for safe driving, and compete for prizes. The schools that garner the most safe driving commitments " such as pledging to wear seatbelts and to not text while driving " on the Celebrate My Drive website have a chance to win $100,000 and a concert from Grammy Award-winning singer Kelly Clarkson!

Here at the CW Columbus, we ask drivers to Wait to Text and when a friend or anyone is drinking, just say 'Keys please!' so we think it is great that State Farm and Pickerington HS Central (and North) are making such a concerted effort to encourage drivers to drive safely!

Every day this week, October 18-26, students have the chance to make daily safe driving commitments on behalf of their high school. The more commitments made in their schools name, the better the chances of winning a grant for the high school and maybe even a Kelly Clarkson concert!

If you'd like to make the pledge: Click Here

And remember to drive safely!

photo 4 photo 2 photo 3me with balloons

CMH Fashion Week Fashion Show!

10/14/13

One of my favorite movies is Sex and the City (the first one) and one of my favorite scenes in that movie is when the four ladies went to the New York Fashion Week Fashion Show.

Sex and the City Fashion Show

I love fashion shows and last year I attended my first one during CMH Fashion Week. THIS year, I got the privilege of attending TWO fashion shows and sitting in the very front row! How Carrie Bradshaw of me! Or Beyonce! Nothing screams "I have the best life ever" quite like sitting front row at a fashion show. 

Beyonce Fashion Show

The CMH Fashion Week Bridal show was sensational. The dresses were beautiful and made me want to get married all over again. Joan's Bridal Couture was featured in the bridal show and she has one of my favorite  formal dress boutiques in Columbus. I bought my wedding dress at Bridals by Lori when I taped Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, but Joan altered the dress for me and made it perfect! Also, I have to comment on the food. Jan Kish's cupcakes were Delicious with a capital D! 

Joan's Bridal Couture

The next evening, I went to the CMH Fashion Week Finale Runway Show and it was so much fun!! Cameron and I sat in the front row again (VIP!!) and therefore got a great view of some of the best designers in Columbus - including my personal favorite - Lubna Designs!

Lubna Designs

It was a wonderful, perfect night!

Alissa Henry and Misty Jordan

Alissa Henry and Cameron Fontana

The afterparty was at Hollywood Casino but I had to skip out on that. (On Sundays, I feature report on Good Day Columbus early, early, EARLY so I don't allow myself to stay out late on Saturday nights.) 

The show was everything I could have hoped for and I even saw some pieces I wanted to buy straight off the runway!

Can't wait until next years show. Shoutout to Tommy McClure and the entire CMH Fashion Week Board. They put on an amazing Fashion Week!

Supernatural and The Originals Scare Up the CW's Most Watched Tuesday In YEARS!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Supernatural and The Originals Scare Up the CW
10/09/13
Fans LOVE the CW's Supernatural. I mean, really love it!

The 9th season premiered last night and this morning, the top two stories on Huffington Post TV's website were both about Supernatural!

Of course, we already knew that Supernatural was a fan favorite. The show was the recipient of TV Guide's very first Fan Favorite Cover, and earlier this year, the show won two People's Choice Awards including "fan favorite following".

Well, last night, TVD spinoff, The Originals second episode premiered in its new day & time slot after Supernatural and together the shows drew the largest audience the CW has had in YEARS. 
Here's the Press Release :                        

SUPERNATURAL AND THE ORIGINALS SCARE UP

THE CWS MOST WATCHED TUESDAYIN FOUR YEARS

SUPERNATURAL Has Most Watched and Highest-Rated Premiere in Three Years

SUPERNATURAL Has Best A 18-49 Rating For Any Episode Since 2010

THE ORIGINALS Gives Tuesdays Some Bite, Growing Time Period Double Digits Versus Last Season

October 9, 2013 (Burbank, CA) " The ninth season premiere of SUPERNATURALand the time period premiere of THE ORIGINALS combined to give The CW its most watched (2.23 million) Tuesday night in more than four years (since 9/8/09),according to preliminary Live Plus Same Day Nielsen ratings for Tuesday,October 8, 2013.

The ninth season premiere of SUPERNATURAL was the series' most watched (2.53million) and highest-rated premiere since 2010 in all key demos (1.0/3 in adults18-34, 1.2/3 in adults 18-49).

It was SUPERNATURAL's best adults 18-49 rating for any episode since 2010(10/15/10).

Versus last season's premiere, SUPERNATURAL was up 37% in total viewers, up25% in adults 18-34, up 33% in women 18-34 (1.2/4), and up 50% in adults 18-49.

It was The CW's best performance in the time period (Tuesday 9:00-10:00 pm)in more than two years in adults 18-34, adults 18-49 and women 18-49.

Moving to its new lead-off slot on Tuesday nights, THE ORIGINALS also hadsome bite, averaging 1.92 million viewers and a 1.1/4 in women 18-34, a 0.8/3in adults 18-34, and a 0.9/3 in adults 18-49.

Compared to last season's average in the time period (Tuesday 8:00-9:00 pm),THE ORIGINALS was up 60% in adults 18-34, up 57% in women 18-34, up 80% inadults 18-49 and up 71% in women 18-49, and by 58% in total viewers.

Versus the equivalent week last year, THE ORIGINALS improved the time periodby 26% in total viewers, by 14% in adults 18-34, by 29% in adults 18-49.

Last night was The CWs highest rated Tuesday night in two years in adults18-34 (0.9/3, since 11/8/11), women 18-34 (1.2/4, since 11/29/11), adults 18-49(1.0/3, since 9/13/11) and women 18-49 (1.2/3, since 9/27/11).

According to data from Trendrr.tv, SUPERNATURAL was the most tweeted-aboutshow on broadcast television last night.

Last season, SUPERNATURAL averaged a 38% increase in total viewers when Live+ 7 Day delayed viewing was added. In adults 18-34, the numbers were evenhigher, typically jumping 48% in L+7, and in adults 18-49 it increased 48% inL+7.

Digital streaming of SUPERNATURAL last season averaged a 29% increase in itstotal audience per episode.

This week's episode of THE ORIGINALS will repeat Thursday, 9:00-10:00 pmET, following an original episode of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES.

CMH Fashion Week High Tea!

10/08/13

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 5.22.11 PM

This week is CMH Fashion Week and I am so excited to participate! I love fashion and my dream is to sit runway-side in NYC or Paris during one of their famous fashion weeks.

However, my hometown has an amazing week of its own every year. Last year, I was privileged to attend as a CW Star finalist, and this year I am attending as a local TV personality. It's incredible how things change!

The week consists of several different events and Cameron and I helped kick off the week by MC-ing the first event: The High Fashion Tea held this past Sunday at the Columbus Museum of Art. We had a blast!

CMH Fashion Week High Tea

Not only did we get to MC the event but we also got to meet a lot of great people!

My dress was made by Lubna Designs, one of the featured designers during fashion week (who was also recently featured during New York Fashion Week). The dress had gold spikes on the shoulders. It was HAWT!

Lubna Designs CMH Fashion Week
Lubna made all three looks!
With the lovely Lubna, creator of Lubna Designs!

I actually created TWO CW Star Blog features on Lubna just before she was chosen as a CMH Fashion Week designer (part 1) (part 2). What a happy coincidence!

The High Tea was wonderful and I'm looking forward to the rest of the events ESPECIALLY the Bridal Show on Friday and the Runway Show on Saturday.

Are you attending any events during CMH Fashion Week? Tweet me @AlissaHenryTV!

What I'm Reading

10/07/13

I definitely don't read as much as I'd like to, but lately I've been making the time to get lost in a good book (because sometimes when you don't have the time, you just have to make time, right?).

My iPad makes it a lot easier to find time to read because I can load all of the books onto it and then flip it open whenever, without having to lug a ton of books around. I can even rent ebooks from the library for free! The ebook loads right onto my iPad and is available for 14 days before it disappears and I have to rent it again! No having to return the book and no late fees! Win-win! 

Also, I can download a sample of any book I'm interested in for free. A sample normally includes the first 20 or so pages. If I get to the end and want to read further, I can buy it. If not, it cost me nothing! 

Of course e-books are more expensive than the Half-Price Bookstore or even Amazon.com's Used Book section, but the convenience is worth it - most of the time. 

Anyway, back to what I'm reading. 

Lately, I've been really into memoirs and autobiographies about people whose career success I admire. I mostly like to read the books by people who work in television like me because it gives me an opportunity to learn from their experience. 

One of those people I admire is Regis Philbin. He has been in the television business forever (FIVE DECADES)! When I saw this book, in Columbus Library's ebook section, I knew I had to check it out. 

Regis Philbin_Book

I'm about 95% of the way through it and overall it's pretty interesting and very inspiring. He's had several setbacks in his career, but he has always managed to bounce back. The only downsides to the book are that his writing style is sort of elementary and he tends to exaggerate (everyone can't be the "greatest person who ever lived", Regis). He also waxed poetic about David Letterman in an entire chapter yet oddly left out Letterman's 2009 scandal. That makes me wonder what else he is glossing over, but I didn't read this book to get dirt anyway,  so I'm not disappointed.  

The other book I'm reading is Chicken Soup for the Married Soul

9781611592047_p0_v2_s260x420

I love reading short, first-person stories about marriage and after being a little disappointed by "Wedding Cake for Breakfast" and "If It Were Easy They'd Call The Whole Thing a Honeymoon", I figured I can't possibly go wrong with a Chicken Soup for the Soul book. I loved the teen series when I was growing up and the America's Soul one they published following 9/11, so I thought I'd give the Married Life one a try this time. I'm still at the beginning of the book, but so far it is SO good! 

I'm "in the middle" of several books at any given moment, but I am actively reading these two. The others, I've pretty much abandoned for now.

When I'm done with Regis, I'll have to decide if I'm reading Hoda's autobiography next or Barbara Walters' Audition. I started Babs' book a couple of years ago when it was first released but that was a while ago, so I'm just going to start from the beginning. 

That's all from me. What are you reading? Tell me on Twitter @CWColumbus

My Hair is Growing - Thanks to J.Bentley Studio & Spa!

09/10/13

I wish I was one of those girls who takes pictures of her hair to check the growing-out progress.

I'm not in the habit of doing that because in the past my hair didn't grow and if it did grow a little bit, my (old) stylist would chop off the progress and call it a "trim".

However, ever since I started going to J. Bentley Studio and Spa, my hair has grown, grown, GROWN!

Here are something of a progress pics that I'm not sure do it justice:

October 2012
January 2013
Hair progress
September 2013

I get so many compliments on the length and health of my hair these days and it's all thanks to my incredible stylists at J. Bentley including Taira, Steve and Candi!

I know it's "just hair", but I am so thankful that my hair is finally getting a chance to prosper. No relaxer, no scissor-happy stylists, just Keratin, love and care - and the result is GROWTH!

My goal is mid-back length and I am SO close!!!

Does your hair need some love and care? Make an appointment at JBentley Studio and Spa TODAY!

Easy Oreo Truffle Recipe!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Easy Oreo Truffle Recipe!
08/19/13

If you know me, you know I LOVE sweets! And I especially love making sweets because then I can eat as much as I want. If you feel the same way, you've gotta try these Oreo Truffles. They're super easy to make and they taste really good!

You'll need just three ingredients:

1) One 16oz pack of Oreos - you can use any kind you want, I chose Birthday Cake and I HIGHLY recommend it!
2)  One 8oz package of Cream Cheese, softened
3) Two packages of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

(This recipe is supposed to make 3.5 dozen balls with those ingredients. I halved this recipe and made huge truffles)

Birthday Cake OreoCream Cheesecandy

First, put several Oreos in my food processor. This is truly the best way although you can put them in a plastic bag and use a roller or your fists to crush them.  Crush about nine of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor, set the crumbs aside and reserve for later use.

Next, crush the remaining cookies

Oreo TrufflesIMG_7212IMG_7213

Then put softened cream cheese in a bowl and mix it by hand. (I put the cream cheese in the food processor - and immediately regretted it. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A NINJALesson Learned!)

DO NOT put cream cheese in your NINJA!

After the cream cheese was all blended, you'll have a chocolate paste. 

Chocolate Paste

Then roll the paste into balls. If you're trying to make 3.5 dozen then roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter. If you're like me and just wanting to make balls to eat while watching your favorite CW show and you don't care how many you make - then roll them into balls until you run out of paste.  (If your paste is too gooey to roll, you may want to put the paste in a fridge for a bit to make it harder) 

After you've rolled a few balls, put them in the melted chocolate and roll them around (or whatever you need to do to coat the balls completely)

Lift the truffles from the chocolate and put them on a separate plate. Spoon them out or use a fork or toothpicks.

Oreo Balls

After you've got them all on a separate plate, sprinkle on the Oreo crumbs you set aside in step one. 

Oreo Truffles

Finally, set the plate into the fridge for an hour so the truffles can harden. 

Oreo Truffles

Enjoy!

If you can't eat them all in one sitting, store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

When you try this recipe, tweet me your finished product at @CWColumbus :) 

Fall Premiere Dates REVISED!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Fall Premiere Dates REVISED!
08/05/13
The leaves aren't the only things changing this Fall, the CW announced it revised the premiere dates of The Vampire Diaries, The Originals and Reign.  

The Originals will now premiere behind The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, October 3.  

Reign will now premiere on Thursday, October 17 behind an original episode of The Vampire Diaries.
The revised schedule is below:

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3
8:00-9:00 PM         THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (New Season Premiere Date
9:00-10:00 PM         THE ORIGINALS (New Series Premiere Date)
MONDAY, OCTOBER 7]
8:00-9:00 PM                 HART OF DIXIE (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM               BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (Season Premiere)
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8
8:00-9:00 PM         THE ORIGINALS (Time Period Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM         SUPERNATURAL (New Season Premiere Date)
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9
8:00-9:00 PM                 ARROW (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM               THE TOMORROW PEOPLE (Series Premiere)
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10
8:00-9:00 PM                 THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (Original Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM               THE ORIGINALS (Episode 2 Encore)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17
8:00-9:00 PM         THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (Original Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM         REIGN (New Series Premiere Date)FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25
8:00-9:00 PM                 THE CARRIE DIARIES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM               AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL: GUYS AND GIRLS

2013 CW Fall Premiere Dates!

06/25/13
the-cw-originals-vampire-diaries1
It's Summer so that means none of my favorite shows are on! Well, they're ON, but they're all reruns all the time

And although the CW has some fantastic Summer shows (the Summer slate officially kicks off on Tuesday, July 16), I'm definitely looking forward to the return of my faves this Fall as well as some of the awesome new shows coming up. 

So, when are our faves coming back? 

Mark your calendars! The network announced yesterday that it will launch its new and returning programming beginning in October:

Monday, Oct. 7 
"Hart of Dixie," 8pm
"Beauty and the Beast," 9pm

Wednesday, Oct. 9
"Arrow," 8pm
*"The Tomorrow People," 9pm 

Thursday, Oct. 10
"The Vampire Diaries," 8pm
*"Reign," 9pm

Tuesday, Oct. 15
*"The Originals," 8pm
"Supernatural," 9pm

Friday, October 25
"The Carrie Diaries," 8pm
"America's Next Top Model: Guys and Girls," 9pm

In the meantime: Whose Line Is It Anyway and Perfect Score both premiere Tuesday, July 16th; Breaking Pointe returns for a second season on Monday, July 29th; and Capture premieres Wednesday, July 31st!

Columbus is watching the CW Columbus! 

Fall-2013-primetime-schedule-the-cw-34534814-1024-576
Tweet us at @CWStarColumbus and let us know what show you're most looking forward to this Fall! 

My Review of The Internship

06/12/13

The Internship PosterYesterday, my husband and I went to go see The Internship. I wanted to see it when I saw the first preview but after it came in FOURTH its opening weekend, I wasn't sure if we should still pay to see it at the theater or wait to Redbox it.

The Internship is about salesmen Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital world. Trying to prove they are not obsolete, they defy the odds by talking their way into a coveted internship at Google, along with a battalion of brilliant college students. But, gaining entrance to this utopia is only half the battle. Now they must compete with a group of the nation's most elite, tech-savvy geniuses to prove that necessity really is the mother of re-invention.

I didn't read any reviews - except this HILARIOUS "news story" from The Onion  - beforehand but I did check to see what the Fandango users thought and they rated it a "Go See" (the critics rated it a S0-So). As a result, I figured we as well see it in the theater.

AMC's Easton's Dine-In theater only charges six bucks a ticket during the day, so my husband and I decided to make it a lunch date on our day off yesterday.

(By the way, if you haven't tried AMC's Fork and Screen theater yet, you're missing out. It is the only way I want to see movies from now on.) 

I actually liked the movie. It wasn't the best or funniest movie I've ever seen, but I didn't think it was terrible either. Vince Vaughn wrote the story and it was kind of like John and Jeremy (Wedding Crashers characters) got an internship except decidedly less raunchy (thank goodness!). 

Much like the Social Network was for Facebook, and Think Like A Man was for Steve Harvey's book of the same name,  The Internship was a two-hour Google infomercial. I absolutely love Google though, so I didn't mind that at all.  

As far as the cast, I was pleasantly surprised to see Lisa Wu from Season 1 of Real Housewives of Atlanta, Jessica Szohr from Gossip Girl,  Joanna Garcia (my husband thought she was Isla Fisher and I insisted she was Amy Adams haha), and Will Ferrell in this flick. In fact Ferrell had my favorite line in the movie. Talking to Vince and Owen's characters he said "Hey Gossip Girls, the CW called and you're canceled". Haha! I loved that! 

I'm already a Vince Vaughn fan - despite the fact that he seems to play the exact same character in every movie - but I also liked the supporting actors. One girl in particular, Tiya Sircar, reminded me of Mindy Kaling and I love Mindy Kaling, so I am automatically a new fan of this girl. 

As far as the plot, it was incredibly predictable and totally unrealistic. Not that I'm an expert, but considering my college internships (CNN in Atlanta and Fox News in NYC), I'm not sure anyone writing this movie ever even had an internship. Also, I hate when movies pick a side in a current debate (in this one, they focus on the post-grad struggle). That is annoying and it dates the movie. On the plus side, some of the characters were exactly how I would imagine Google employees to be - so they did a good job on casting and writing the characters! 

All things considered, The Internship was an okay movie, I even laughed-out-loud a few times. I don't know why it got smashed so heartlessly in the box office, but I imagine more people may go to see it in the next several weeks.  If you're one of those people, stick around for the credits. Honestly, I think that was the coolest part. 

3 out of 5 CW Stars 

Have you seen this movie? What did you think? Tweet me @CWStarColumbus

My Time (and Sanity!) Saving Style Tip: Use Pinterest To Help You Get Dressed

06/10/13
Add a flower to natural hair style (another Pinspiration!)
Add a flower to a natural hair style (another Pinspiration!)

One of the best things about my job as the CW Star is being invited to awesome events around the city. It also can be one of the most stressful when Im deciding whattheheck should I wear?!

I love clothes and I love shopping and I have the enormous-stuffed-to-capacity walk-in closet to prove it.

Still, in all of those clothes it can be difficult to figure out what I should wear to a particular event.

Invariably, I will procrastinate on picking out my outfits until the last possible minute, panic because I dont know what I should wear then immediately begin ripping through my closet and running around town to a hundred stores trying to find the perfect outfit. Minutes before I need to leave for the event, with my heart rate at 1000, I will be completely exasperated and conclude there is absolutely nothing available on Gods Green Earth for me to wear. Dejected, I'll decide that Ill just have to throw on whatever. Of course, when youre getting dressed in that mindset, its impossible to look fabulous because a major part of looking fabulous is feeling fabulous. Ugh. It's the worst!

If this sounds like you too, we do NOT have to live like this! Recently, Ive stopped (okay mostly stopped) allowing myself to get to that point by continuously stockpiling a list of what I like to call my STYLEspirations.

Enter Pinterest.

If youre not on Pinterest, you should be. Its the coolest social media site (content sharing service, whatev) there is if only because, unlike Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Vine, Google+ and whatever other social media accounts are sprouting up every day, it actually improves your life! (Facebook, on the other hand, is a documented depressant.)

Among other awesome things, Pinterest can actually help you get dressed! Well, they wont physically help you, but there are COUNTLESS outfit ideas on that site! Dont believe me? Click on the Explore tab, scroll all the way down to Womens Fashions...and thank me later.

Whenever I have down time (or even when I dont, because I am totally addicted to the site and thus cant help myself), I scroll through those fashions and repin outfit ideas to my "Clothes and Hair" board. Recently, I even created an Outfit Idea board just for those looks that I know I can recreate based on what I already own. No shopping required!

Sometimes, when Im still in bed in the morning, I will pick up my phone and scroll through my board and look at outfits Ive already pinned to try and get inspired for an outfit for work that day. I consider it good practice for those major events that require more thought.

As an example, here is just one of many STYLEspiration I got from Pinterest:

I love this Chevron skirt, but it looks like it may have been a Maxi DRESS that she put a sweater, scarf and belt on top of to make it look like a maxi SKIRT.

Chevron dress

So, after seeing this picture, I decided to make a maxi dress I have look like a skirt.

Taking it a step further than the Pinterest picture that inspired this outfit,  I actually folded the dress up inside of itself. The belt was snug enough to hold up the end of the skirt inside without pinning (but I could have safety pinned it if I wanted) then I put on knee-high boots and leggings.  A couple of months later, I remembered this outfit and then put on a shirt with the dress to make it look like a skirt!

Maxi Dress Ideas

You see? It really works!

Or if you already have something in mind, such as red jeans for instance. You can type "red jeans" in the search box and you'll see tons of images featuring pins with that search topic in their captions. Those pins will give you an idea on how to wear your awesome red jeans based on how others are wearing theirs! This is truly life-changing when it comes to clothes!

I hope youll join me in saying NO to I-Have-Nothing-To-Wear freak outs by compiling your own list of STYLEspirations. And if youre on Pinterest, lets inspire each other! Follow my boards on Pinterest at AlissaInPink then send me your Pinterest Profile link via twitter @CWStarColumbus and Ill follow you too!

Happy Pinning...and heres to having a calmer experience when getting dressed :)

Keratin Complex Treatment Update!

06/03/13

A little more than five months have passed since I got my Keratin Complex treatment at J. Bentley Studio and Spa back in January, so I thought some of you may be interested in an update!

In short, I LOVE what this treatment has done to my hair and I have nothing but great things to say!

Since getting the Keratin, my freshly washed hair doesn't kink up nearly as much, it dries faster and it flat irons softer and smoother then when I had a relaxer! Also a huge plus - Summer has yet to seriously kick in, but I have noticed that my hair doesn't frizz up on the mega humid days we've had so far.

For me, the Keratin is a miracle treatment. I've been natural for almost three years and it was a serious struggle to get my hair to look how it did when it was relaxed. I was ready to quit on this natural thing many, many times. But now I finally feel that I can do this no-relaxer-but-still-wear-my-hair-straight thing for life.

Left: PRE-Keratin blowdry; Right: POST-Keratin blowdry
Left: PRE-Keratin blowdry; Right: POST-Keratin blowdry

Some people wonder if the Keratin destroys your curl pattern. Yes and no. My hair still gets curly but not extremely kinky curly like it used to. That may be a deal breaker for some but I never wore my hair in its natural state anyway. I like to wear my hair straight and this treatment helps me do that. I could still wear my hair curly if I wanted to though because the Keratin doesn't take all of the curl out.

This is how my hair used to look after wash and air-dry. #Simba
This is how my hair used to look after wash and air-dry. #Simba

The treatment lasts about 4-6 months with proper care. And by proper care I mean you can't just wash your hair with whatever is in your cousin's bathroom. There are specific Keratin products that maintain the treatment and, in fact, give salon results at home. Personally, I still go to J. Bentley Studio and Spa to get my hair washed, conditioned, dried and flat ironed on a regular basis. There is just something so incomparably wonderful about getting my hair done by professionals -- especially the professionals at J. Bentley. They've had me looking fabulous day in and day out for months! I love them. The Keratin Treatment combined with my highlights (done by Steve!) make my hair look so great, I get tons of compliments -- even from random strangers.

Sidenote: I know I gush about it all the time, but that salon really is awesome! They have a receptionists' desk (staffed by actual people, not just an empty desk for show). Everyone who works there is punctual, friendly, professional and fast! It's high tech too. You can make appointments online and they send appointment reminders via text message! Double win! I've been to a lot of hair salons in my life and J. Bentley is definitely the best. I highly recommend booking your Keratin Complex Treatment appointment (or any hair appointment) there.

Beyond my hair being manageable, one of the best things about my experience -- and I'm not sure if this is a result of the Keratin, the fact that my hair is cared for by J. Bentley professionals or a combination of both -- is how much my hair has grown!

Pre-Keratin Hair Update

I wish I had been taking official pictures of the progress so you could see for yourself, but all I have are these pictures from the past year or two that I've posted on Instagram.

Last Week
Last Week

I want my hair to be waist length (or close to it) and at the rate I'm going, I think it's possible.

In conclusion, getting the Keratin Complex Treatment has been the best decision I've ever made for my hair. If you're considering doing the same thing, get the Star treatment by booking your appointment with Taira Harris at J. Bentley today!

The Search Is On! ABC is Looking for the Next Bachelor or Bachelorette!

05/16/13

Bachelor and Bachelorette Auditions

The search is on for eligible men and women who are looking for true love! Our sister station, ABC is now casting for Season 18 of the Bachelor & Bachelorette AND they're having the first open casting call for the season right here in Columbus!

As Yahoo! contributor, Kimberly Moses described in her firsthand account:

Every Monday night throughout the spring and summer months, millions of viewers tune in to ABC's "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette" to find out which lucky contestants will hear those five little words, "Will you accept this rose?" But before all the unbelievable fantasy dates and dream getaways to destinations afar, thousands of would-be contestants flocked to open casting calls with hopes of romance and loveor visions of dollar signs for somein their minds.

I know firsthand, because once upon a time, I was one of those hopeful romantics who figured "What the heck? Let's give this reality dating show a shot," and I found myself at an open casting call.

You can find yourself at an open casting call too! Thursday May 30th from 4pm to 8pm at FM Food and Music All-American Bar & Grill (154 N. Hamilton Rd, Gahanna).

Cameron and I stopped by FM the other day where THREE Bachelor/ette alums from right here in Columbus (Alli Travis, Will Holman and Alexa McAllister) gathered to talk about their experience and promote the upcoming casting call.

Alli Travis was on Season 15 of the Bachelor with Brad Womack and on Season 2 of Bachelor Pad.

Alli Travis Bachelor Alum

Click here to watch my interview with Alli!
Click here to watch my interview with Alli!

WATCH: Alli Travis's one-on-one date with Brad Womack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgxZWXI6ahQ?rel=0

Will Holman was on Season 7 of the Bachelorette with Ashley Herbert and also on Season 2 of Bachelor Pad. (Sidenote: Doesn't he look JUST like a young Josh Lucas?)

Will Holman Bachelorette Alum

Click here to watch Cameron's interview with Will Holman!
Click here to watch Cameron's interview with Will Holman!

WATCH: Will's one-on-one date with Ashley Herbert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V88dI7InY38?rel=0

Alexa was on Season 14 of the Bachelor in 2010 with Jake Pavelka.

Alexa McAllister Bachelor Alum

Click here to watch Alissa's interview with Alexa!
Click here to watch Alissa's interview with Alexa!

We had such a good time with them!

Alissa and Cameron with the Bachelor and Bachelorette Alums

These three are proof that it's definitely possible for you to attend the casting call and then be on the show! And who knows? YOU can be the first from Columbus to accept the final rose! How cool would that be?

Mark your calendars, dress to impress and come show the producers why YOU should be the next star on Bachelor or Bachelorette!

For more info visit our sister station's website: http://www.abc6onyourside.com/community/features/bb-casting-call/#.UZpD77U4v9Y

Cameron and I will be at the auditions and we can't wait to meet you in person! Until then, tweet us at @CWStarColumbus and let us know if you or someone you know is auditioning for the show!

CW Fall Renewals and Additions!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - CW Fall Renewals and Additions!
05/13/13
The CW Network Upfronts aren't until tomorrow, but the network released its Fall shows early and I'm really excited about what's staying and what's coming!

For a few months, it seemed the CW was killing off everything: Gossip Girl, 90210, Emily Owens MD, Cult...I wasn't sure what show was next up on the chopping block. As it turns out, NONE! If you were a fan of any of those shows (as I was a DIE HARD fan of Gossip Girl) then I'm sure you were devastated to see your show go, BUT take heart! There are tons more great shows on the network for you to become a fan of!

First let's talk about what's staying: Arrow, The Vampire Diairies, Supernatural, Hart of Dixie, Beauty and the Beast, Nikita and The Carrie Diaries.

No one thought Arrow, TVD or Supernatural would be canceled, but the others we weren't so sure about. Personally, I was pretty certain that The Carrie Diaries would be canceled because the ratings weren't so hot. I'm so glad it's staying though! I think AnnaSophia Robb (and the rest of the cast members) are doing a fantastic job and I'm glad the CW didn't give up on the show just yet. I think this next season the show will come out from under the SATC shadows a bit and find some true fans of its own because everyone knows the CW has the best fans anyway.

So that's what's staying. Here's what's coming: As USA Today reported, the CW is taking decidedly sci-fi turn with its 2013-14 lineup. The network has picked up FIVE new dramas. The Vampire Diaries spinoff, The Originals, The 100, The Tomorrow People and Star-Crossed. Also, Reign which is a teenage take on a historical figure, Mary, Queen of Scots.

Originally, "Star Crossed" was titled "Oxygen" and as I said in our Pilots Preview, I'm excited about that show. It sounds like Twilight with Aliens instead of vampires and I LOVE Twilight. 

So, those are the shows. No word yet on the actual lineup, but I'm interested to see what they pair with what. My money is on Hart of Dixie being paired with The Carrie Diaries. I'll have to see the rest of the pilots to make an educated guess on any other pairing though. 

Not sure if the CW has any news for us during their Upfronts tomorrow. It seems as though we know everything now, but I will keep you posted :)

RENEWED: Hart of Dixie and Beauty and The Beast

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - RENEWED: Hart of Dixie and Beauty and The Beast
04/29/13

The CW Network has given early renewals to sophomore drama Hart Of Dixie and freshman Beauty And The Beast, which join previously picked up The Vampire Diaries, Arrow and Supernatural.

After announcing TVD spinoff The Originals was being ordered to season, CW prez Mark Pedowitz said: Were also very excited to bring back Beauty And The Beast and Hart Of Dixie for next season " both series continue to be creatively strong and compelling, and their fans are incredibly passionate.

No word yet on the fate of Nikita or The Carrie Diaries.

CW Upfronts are scheduled for Thursday, May 16th so well at least know by then!

I plan to catch up on Hart of Dixie and BATB this summer. You can too! Watch full episodes on CWTV.com and both shows are also available on Hulu and Netflix!

Are you excited these shows were renewed? Tweet us @CWStarColumbus

TVD Spinoff "The Originals" Picked Up For the Fall!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - TVD Spinoff "The Originals" Picked Up For the Fall!
04/27/13

Great news!!! The Vampire Diairies spinoff, The Originals was ordered to series!!

CW network prez Mark Pedowitz released this statement on Friday: As soon as we saw last nights episode of The Vampire Diaries, we knew we wanted more of The Originals. Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson have done a fantastic job with The Vampire Diaries, which is as fast-paced and well-written as ever, and Julie has created an equally compelling world for The Originals.

The Originals follows The Vampire Diaries characters Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) -- the Mikaelson siblings and three of the world's original vampires -- to New Orleans and, as The Huffington Post reported, the pilot revealed quite the shock: recurring character Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is pregnant with Klaus' child.

Cant wait to find out what happens next! The show will air in the Fall!

Are you excited about The Originals? Tweet us at @CWStarColumbus

Tom Cruise Oblivion Review #HatedIt

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Tom Cruise Oblivion Review #HatedIt
04/22/13
This past weekend, Tom Cruise blew the box office into Oblivion with his newest movie.

I saw the movie before it opened in theaters and lets just say I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Full disclosure, I'm not a fan of post-apocalyptic movies. These types of films are basically free-for-alls for creative screenwriters to include every outlandish, nonsensical, implausible scenario that comes to their minds because hey, its the end of the World and no one knows whats going to happen then anyway. Most of these movies leave me wondering what, if  anything, was left on the cutting room floor.

Still, when it comes to post-apocalyptic films, Oblivion is definitely the worst of the worst. It was long. It was boring. And Tom Cruise was basically playing Mission Impossible's agent Ethan Hunt again, except with less cool fighting scenes and more useless technology. (As a side note, the earth was destroyed yet technology somehow improved drastically.)

The movie began and ended with endless narration because apparently two full hours wasn't long enough for viewers to understand what the heck was going on. Yet, despite all of that talking, I still left the movie unsure of what had just happened and, honestly, I didn't care anyway.

Here's what I do know though: after the Earth is destroyed, gum, a Yankee hat, an inexplicably wet stray dog, records, binoculars (and presumably an IT guy who can troubleshoot all of that complex technology) will survive. And Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise always survives.

[One out of five CW Stars]

What did you think of Oblivion? Tweet us @CWStarColumbus to tell us your thoughts. Also, if you'd like to go see movies before everyone else, join our CW Lounge and look out for advanced screening ticket giveaways!

The Carrie Diaries Season One Fashion Recap!

04/08/13

reg_1024.CarrieDiaries.mh.011013

Over the past few months, I've been obsessed with polka dots and I really think I have The Carrie Diaries to blame. Week after week, young Carrie Bradshaw graces the screen in her polka dot sweaters, jeans, shirts etc and now I spot the trend in clothing stores everywhere -- and I want to buy all of it.

It seems what Sarah Jessica Parker did for Manolos in HBO's Sex and the City, AnnaSophia Robb has done for polka dots in The Carrie Diaries. (Thank God this new trend is actually affordable!)

Beyond just polka dots though, I've adored the fashion on TCD. True, the show is set in the 80s and the characters are in high-school but their outfits are awesome!

So, in honor of tonight's season finale, here are a few of my favorite looks:

carries-pink-watercolor-dress1-355x580Annasophia+Robb+AnnaSophia+Robb+Carrie+Diaries+_aV-nTaA0LAx

Dress + belt + jean jacket = perfection                Pink coat + polka dot tights 

Makeup + jewelry  Pink polka dot sweater. My fave color with my new fave print. #WANT
Makeup + accessories #Perfection                   Love the polka dot sweater!!                                
Larissa is my fave! She is so gorgeous! I'm super matchy-matchy so I'm loving the lipstick matching the jacket.  Red blazer!! Larissa looks amazing in red.
Larissa is my fave! She is so match-matchy and red looks great on her
Bright sweaters + bright pants  Yellow coat! Gorgeous!
Bright sweaters + bright pants                Bright coat! 

Carrie's dress! I adore the print and the cut paired with those leggings!  Perfect high-fashion work outfit! Green, blue and black looks great together!

I adore the print and the cinched waist cut!     Green blazer + skirt = perfect work outfit

Can't talk about the fabulous Carrie Diaries fashion without mentioning The. Purse.

Can't talk about Carrie Diaries fashion without talking about THE PURSE! 
Polka dot heart sweater!!  Tan and pink polka dots!! (I also like the corded phone haha)
                                       POLKA DOT SWEATERS!!!!

Be sure to watch The Carrie Diaries season finale tonight at 8pm on the CW Columbus!

(Special shoutout to awesome #TCD fashion blogs: http://fashionoftcd.tumblr.com & http://www.pradux.com/karissa-bowers)

2013 Season Finale Dates

04/01/13
Mark your calendars because you won't want to miss any of these season finales!

The Carrie Diaries - Monday April 8 @ 8pm
90210 (SERIES FINALE) - Monday, May 13 @ 9pm
Hart of Dixie - Tuesday, May 7th @ 8pm 
Arrow - Wednesday, May 15th @ 8pm
Supernatural - Wednesday, May 15th @ 9pm
The Vampire Diaries - Thursday, May 16th @ 8pm
Beauty & The Beast - Thursday, May 16th @9pm
Nikita - Friday, May 17th @ 8pm
Cult - Tuesday, May 17th @ 9pm

We Met #TVD's Kat Graham!

04/01/13

To be honest, I hate reading interviews when the writer says "such-and-such celebrity was SO nice/down-to-earth/cool" as though most celebrities are (or have the right to be) despicable people. Why are we giving out medals for being a decent human being? Besides, you, as an interviewer, are doing him/her a favor by essentially giving the star free publicity. Of course the celeb is going to be a great person to talk to! Why would he act like a jerk to you after agreeing to said interview? 

Plus, are the positive descriptions truthful anyway? Just once I'd like a journalist to say, "I interviewed so-and-so and he was a real piece of work" or "She was total witch".  Instead, we're left to read all of these profiles that describe celebrities in glowing wordsand I'm left to wonder if the writer is blowing smoke.

Today, however, I am joining the ranks of journalists who have nothing but wonderful adjectives to describe the subject of their latest interview.

Kat Graham - who you know as Bonnie Bennet on The Vampire Diaries - really was nice! 

She was in town promoting her latest single "Wanna Say" at a WNCI/Flannagan's St. Patrick's Day event and we weren't going to pass up the opportunity to interview the CW's favorite witch. 

Before going to meet her, Cam and I did serious homework and it turns out Kat has done it all! She models, acts, sings and dances...and the woman is fantastic at everything. (Don't take my word for it. Google her yourself!)

The St. Patty's Day party was crazy loud so, in hindsight, we probably should have smuggled her to a quieter section of the building. Unfortunately, we interviewed Kat right in the middle of the fun and we have the awful audio to prove it! (Lesson learned.)

Still, it's an interview worth watching. She even shows us an easy dance move at the end. 

http://www.cwcolumbus.com/newsroom/features/cw-star/videos/kat-graham-talks-music-tvd-170.shtml

Can't get enough of Kat? Check out her website (KatGraham.com) for more info on the starlet and download her new single "Wanna Say". 

Columbus CW Stars Talk to Katt Graham

Two Sex and the City Alums Will Star In The Carrie Diaries!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Two Sex and the City Alums Will Star In The Carrie Diaries!
03/13/13
So...Carrie's future ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend will be secretly dating her dad - twenty years prior to dating her ex. In the land of television anything is possible! 

Of course, that's not the actual plot. It's just what SATC fans will likely think to themselves when they spot pretzel girl Nina Katz on a future episode of The Carrie Diaries. You remember Nina right? She was the girl who dated Aidan after Carrie and Aidan broke up (the first time - post "running with scissors" episode). 

This time "Nina" isn't spreading negative rumors about SATC's Carrie but, according to TV Line,  Nadia Dajani is joining the show as Deb, a feisty woman who begins dating Carries widower dad Tom " but without his daughters knowledge.

Well, we can see they'll still hate each other but for very different reasons!Another SATC alum is joining the show as well. Noelle Beck (As the World Turns, Cashmere Mafia), who played Mr. Bigs first wife Barbara in a Season 1 episode of SATC, has been cast as Sebastians sometimes absentee mother Ginny, a woman who flits in and out of her sons life and isnt afraid to share the intimate details of her romantic life with him.

I actually find it pretty cool to see former SATC characters come back in a different form on The Carrie Diaries. There isn't a particular actor I'd like to see come back in a different character on TCD, but I would love to see Anthony Marantino (played by Mario Cantone) as Anthony Marantino. He is hilarious!

Which former SATC castmember would you like to see "Carried" away in the 1980's?

Justin Timberlake is Bringing Sexy Back to the CW

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Justin Timberlake is Bringing Sexy Back to the CW
03/11/13
Justin Timberlake is coming to The CW fresh off of his electric Grammy performance! The One Night Only: Justin Timberlake special (HD), featuring both concert and interview footage from an upcoming performing of "The 20/20 Experience" which is set to release the same day, will air on Tuesday, March 19 from 8-9p. The special will encore on Friday, March 22 from 8-9p. 

60 Days! Cap City Half Marathon Training Update

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - 60 Days! Cap City Half Marathon Training Update
03/04/13
To be completely honest, running indoors on the treadmill sometimes makes me want to quit.

Because I'm not yet to the longer runs in my training, I feel like I will never get there. "I only have two months," I complained to my husband, "there is no way I am going to be able to run thirteen miles in May." He's supportive (and also likely both bewildered and amused by my goal). "You can do it," he encourages me. 

And he's right. I can do it. I will do it. I'm just ready for it to be warm outside so I can complete my long runs. So far, I've been training on the treadmill at a nearby gym. It's not the worst set up in the world. The gym has free wi-fi so I use my iPad to catch up on my favorite CW shows while I run (thanks for tip Cameron!).

Still, no matter what distractions I bring along, I have a hard time breaking four miles while essentially running in place. It's too easy to stop while on a treadmill, as opposed to stopping when running outside. When running outdoors, sometimes all the encouragement I need to push through those "running back to my car" miles is the thought that if I don't run back to my car then how in the world will I get home? On the other hand, not pressing the STOP button on a treadmill sometimes requires every ounce of willpower I can muster. 

So, yeah, these are my running indoors complaints that occasionally try to morph into excuses to NOT run in May. Money is a powerful motivator though, so the fact that I've already signed up and paid means I will be out there running the half-marathon no matter what!

Besides, I really have nothing to worry about. As soon as the sun decides it loves me as much as I love it (and therefore wants to spend as much time with me as possible), I will be ditching the treadmill for good and racking up the rest of my training miles at my favorite park. 

Until then, I'm pushing through indoors on the DREADmill while watching The Carrie Diaries on the awesome (free!) CWtv app. 

How is your training going? Are you braving the cold or sticking to the treadmill? Tweet me @CWStarColumbus

Prince Michael Jackson Is Coming to 90210

02/27/13

prince jacksonGuess who's making their acting debut on the CW?!

Well, if you read the headline than you already know: Prince Michael Jackson!

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the eldest son of the late King of Pop will appear on the season finale of 90210.

Prince will play Cooper, a trauma victim who bonds with Silver (Jessica Stroup) over the realization -- at a very young age -- how precious life is. He is filming his guest spot this week.

Looks like little MJ is making all of his dreams come true. When he made his debut Feb 19th as an on-air correspondent for Entertainment Tonight, he told ET's Brooke Anderson: "I'm looking to become well-rounded as a producer, director, screenwriter and actor."

The Today Show points out that the sixteen-year-old is the lastest in a string of other notable names to appear on 90210. Rita Ora, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ryan Lochte, Nelly Furtado, Carmen Electra, Ne-Yo, Denise Richards, Taio Cruz, Joey McIntyre and Terrell Owens have all appeared on the CW's hit show.

The season finale airs on Monday May 13th at 9pm on the CW Columbus!

Grey Damon Newest Addition to CW Pilot Oxygen

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Grey Damon Newest Addition to CW Pilot Oxygen
02/26/13
According to Deadline.com, Grey Damon has joined the CWs drama pilot Oxygen, which centers on Emery (Aimee Teegarden), a teen girl who falls in love with an alien boy, one of nine of his kind integrated into a suburban high school. Damon plays Grayson, who has a crush on Emery.

The 25-year-old actor is best known for his roles in Friday Night Lights, The Nine Lives of Chloe King and the CW's own The Secret Circle. 

First "Lost" Now Found on the CW!

02/25/13

CW
A pair of actors who played key roles on "Lost" have signed on to two different pilots at The CW.

Mark Pellegrino, "Lost's" Jacob, will co-star in "The Tomorrow People," The CW's remake of a 1970s British series. Henry Ian Cusick, who played star-crossed lover Desmond on "Lost," has joined the cast of "The Hundred" at the network.

Pellegrino is familiar to CW fans from his recurring role on "Supernatural" as Lucifer. He'll play a bad guy on "The Tomorrow People" as well: a scientist committed to containing the "threat" of the show's title characters, young people with advanced abilities. The cast also includes Robbie Amell ("1600 Penn"), Peyton List ("Mad Men") and Luke Mitchell.

"The Hundred" is set about a century after nuclear war renders the planet uninhabitable. What's left of humanity resides on a space station called the Ark, and its leaders send 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to see if it's possible to return to the surface.

Cusick, whose credits also include "Scandal" and "The Mentalist," will play an officer aboard the Ark who has his sights on a higher rank.

What do you think of the casting? Will the presence of Pellegrino and Cusick get you to watch these shows if they're picked up?

Zap2it": Rick Porter. (Source: CW59)

The Dark Knight actor Chin Han has landed a role on Arrow.

02/25/13

Chin Han

You might remember him from The Dark Knight, but actor Chin Han has landed a role in Arrow.

Han - who played Chinese mob banker Lau in the Batman blockbuster - has been cast as businessman Frank Chen on Stephen Amell's superhero drama, Deadline reports. 

Chen is an old associate of the Queen family and also has ties to the sinister Malcolm Merlyn, played by Torchwood's John Barrowman. Han recently played a recurring role on ABC drama Last Resort and has also appeared on Fringe, while his movie credits include the 2009 thriller 2012 and 2011 film Contagion.

Other forthcoming Arrow guest stars include Doctor Who's Alex Kingston - who will play Dinah Lance - and Battlestar Galactica actor James Callis, cast as elusive jewel thief The Dodger.

(Source: DigitalSpy.com)

Watch Arrow Wednesday nights at 8pm on the CW Columbus!

A Win To Sink Your Teeth Into: The Vampire Diaries Beat Out NBC and ABC

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - A Win To Sink Your Teeth Into: The Vampire Diaries Beat Out NBC and ABC
02/22/13
After a shocking Valentine's Day episode, The Vampire Diaries experienced a newsworthy ratings jump this week beating out two major networks! 

HollywoodReporter.com said: 

The CW had a lot to brag about on Thursday night. Not only did The Vampire Diaries jump 30 percent to a 1.3 adults rating, its demo score put it ahead of NBC and ABC in the hour. Beauty and the Beast (0.6 adults) saw a small boost from its lead, rising by a tenth of a point. The CW averaged a 0.9 adults rating and 2.2 million viewers.

According to the HuffingtonPost.com, last week's shocking episode also helped "The Vampire Diaries" earn the title of the No. 1 social series on broadcast TV for the week of Feb. 11-17. 

An all-new episode of The Vampire Diaries airs this Thursday, Feb 28th at 8pm on the CW Columbus!

Beauty and the Beast Wins Four SpoilerTV Awards!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Beauty and the Beast Wins Four SpoilerTV Awards!
02/21/13
The results of the SpoilerTV Awards are in and just in time for tonight's all-new episode "Beauty and the Beast" came out a big winner!! 

Beating out shows like Grey's Anatomy, Revenge, Elementary and Nashville, the show took home two prized awards: Favorite Network Drama and Favorite New Drama. Stars of the show Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk were named Favorite TV Drama Actor and Favorite TV Drama Actress respectively. 

SpoilerTV says that all nominees and winners are picked by the fans. Each person could only vote once, so Beasties really showed up and showed out for their favorite show.

While Beauty and the Beast was the big winner and swept a full third of the categories, The CW did extraordinarily well overall. Arrow came in 3rd place for Favorite Network Drama. For favorite Sci-fi/Fantasy Show, Supernatural won 2nd place and The Vampire Diaries won 3rd. Arrow won 2nd place for Favorite New Drama. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki won 3rd and 4th place for Favorite TV Drama Actor.

Accolades like these just remind us that the CW shows have the BEST fans ever. Thanks to everyone who voted!

You can watch Beauty and the Beast every Thursday night at 9pm right after The Vampire Diaries.   

I'm Signed Up To Run The Cap City Half Marathon!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - I
02/18/13
It's official!!! 

I just signed up for the Capital City Half-Marathon today and nothing says "I'm committed" like paying for something out of my checking account. So, yeah, I'm all in. And I hope you are too!!

Full disclosure: this is my first half-marathon but not my first time running 13.1 miles. I  ran that distance this past June on a random Saturday in the park. I had a (craaazy) goal of running 100 miles that month and that particular day, I pushed myself to go further than ever. I haven't ran that many miles in one morning since then though, so I'm hoping I can do it again in the organized setting that is Cap City Half.  

I'm following this training schedule:

If you're planning to run, I encourage you to find a training plan that works for you. 

Let me know when you sign up! And check out my CW Star blog if you haven't already: http://www.cwcolumbus.com/newsroom/features/cw-star/videos/capital-city-half-marathon-training-160.shtml

Two Cast In Upcoming The Vampire Diaries Spinoff: The Originals!

02/15/13

Claire Holt

Claire Holt

The Original family of vampires will remain intact in their leap from The Vampire Diaries to their own series, planted spinoff The Originals. Claire Holt has been cast as a lead in Originals, which will be introduced in the April 25 episode of the CW drama. She will reprise her recurring TVD role as Rebekah, the vampire sister of Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies). The trio represents all surviving Original siblings as their two other brothers recently faced their demise on TVD. 

(Source: Deadline.com)

Danielle Campbell

Danielle Campbell

Prison Break actress Danielle Campbell has also been tapped to join the CW's back-door pilot The Originals. Danielle will play Davina, a young and troubled witch who has been sheltered by protective caregivers. Her innocence about the way the world works makes her equal parts wondrous and dangerous. She's delicate and ethereal but not without her own demons.

(Source: HollywoodReporter.com)

Written by TVD co-creator/executive producer Julie Plec, The Originals centers on the Original family of vampires, as Klaus returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans " a town he helped build centuries ago " and is reunited with his diabolical former protg Marcel (Charles Michael Davis).

Stay tuned for updates!

Happy Birthday Columbus!!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Happy Birthday Columbus!!
02/14/13
Most people know that today is Valentine's Day, but did you also know today is the city of Columbus' 201st birthday?

That's right! 

Named in honor of Christopher Columbus, the capital city was founded on February 14, 1812, on the "High Banks opposite Franklinton at the Forks of the Scioto known as Wolf's Ridge. Columbus assumed the functions of state capital in 1816.  The city was chosen as the site for the new capital because of its central location within the state and access by way of major transportation routes (primarily rivers) at that time. The legislature chose it as Ohio's capital over a number of other competitors, including Franklinton, Dublin, Worthington, and Delaware. 

Last year, 200Columbus was our city's yearlong bicentennial celebration. One of 200Columbus's organizer's Mike Brown told ColumbusUnderground.com

"There were a few big parties, but we are really pleased with the great breadth of engagement and the pride that we saw in thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds as we celebrated our past, present and future potential."

And the celebration continues today as we say Happy 201st birthday to Columbus. 201 years has never looked so good :-)  

Aimee Teegarden Will Star In New CW Pilot: Oxygen

02/11/13

Aimee Teegarden

Aimee Teegarden is reuniting with The CW. The Friday Night Lights actress, who last season toplined the networks initial Selection pilot, has landed the lead role in the drama pilot Oxygen, our sister site Deadline reports.

Oxygen, from Good Wife scribe Meredith Averill, chronicles an epic romance between a human girl and an alien boy when he and eight others of his kind (The Orion 9) are integrated into a suburban high school 10 years after they and hundreds of others landed on Earth. Life on Mars Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec and Scott Rosenberg are on board as EPs.Teegarden will play Emery, the teen girl who falls in love with the hottie E.T.

(Source: TVLine.com)

Adelaide Kane landed lead role in CW Pilot: Reign

02/10/13

adelaide kane

Young Australian actress Adelaide Kane (Neighbours) has landed the lead in the CW drama pilot Reign. The project, from CBS TV Studios, chronicles the rise to power of Mary Queen of Scots (Kane) when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old, betrothed to Prince Francis, and with her three best friends as ladies-in-waiting. It details the secret history of survival at French Court amidst fierce foes, dark forces, and a world of sexual intrigue. Brad Silberling is directing the pilot from a script by Stephanie Sengupta and Laurie McCarthy.

(Source: Deadline.com)

The Capital City Half-Marathon Training Schedules

02/09/13

The Capital City Half-Marathon is coming up and I am so excited to run the race this year. Last year, I ran the quarter marathon and I wrote all about it on my blog.

This year, Im stepping up and running the half. Yes, thirteen miles!!! If youre interested in running in Capital City too, please go to their website and register. You can run the half, quarter or the 5K.

Here are a few training schedules:

Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 10.17.28 PM

Qtr: 6.55 (the 10K is only slightly shorter, so this plan will work for the quarter race)

Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 10.15.45 PM

Half-marathon (a 10-week and a 12-week plan) 

Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 10.12.33 PM

Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 10.11.20 PM

There are tons more training schedules online. This is just to give you an idea of how experts suggest you should train for these races.

Let me know if you plan to run in the Cap City race. Tweet me @CWStarColumbus!

Happy Running :-)

My 1st (and 2nd!) Shellac Manicure Experience at J. Bentley Studio & Spa

02/07/13

J. Bentley Studio and Spa
If youre looking to get pretty for Valentine's Day - or for any random day -  youve got to try shellac manicure!

I tried it for the first time about a month ago and I dont think I will ever go back to regular polish.

Recently, I went to J. Bentley Studio and Spa and Marie did my Shellac manicure in this gorgeous hot pink color.

Normally, after the technician is finished, I have to sit under the dryer forever waiting on my nails to dry (and yet still somehow manage to smudge them before I get to the car). With shellac, its completely different! When Marie was done doing my nails, they were completely dry! No more sitting and waiting for paint to dry (literally).

I decided to try shellac because I've heard other girls rave about the manicure saying how long the polish lasts. I admit, I didn't quite believe it, but its true!! When I used to get regular manicures, the nail polish would start chipping, peeling and smudging almost immediately. Now, that never happens! Two full weeks later and my nails still looked smooth and shiny like the very first day I got them done. 

Marie was off the day I wanted to come back in for another manicure, but all of the technicians at J. Bentley are amazing so I fully trusted Stephanie to take care of me this time.

Pedal Faster Suzi

I still had the polish on from before, so she used special foils around each individual nail to soak off the polish. (No sitting my hand in a bowl of acetone or sawing the polish off.)

This time, I went with a lighter pink color. I decided that would look better as my nails grew out and there wouldn't be a noticeable color contrast between the polish and the new growth of my nails.

Again, my nails still look and feel fabulous more than a week later!

Of course, like anything else, if you want Shellac Manicure done right, its important to go to right the person. I highly recommend you go to J.Bentley Studio & Spa. I worked with Marie and Stephanie and both of them are fantastic! Marie is part-time and only works on Saturdays and Stephanie is full-time, so I'm sure if you call to set an appointment, you can book with either of them.

In addition, J.Bentley offers a LOT of different manicure and pedicure services. You can see the list & pricing here: http://www.jbentley.com/spa/manicures-pedicures

Steve Aoki Will Guest Star on ARROW

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Steve Aoki Will Guest Star on ARROW
02/06/13

Hey Arrow fans!

Electronic music superstar Steve Aoki will appear on the March 20 episode of The CW Networks Arrow, playing himself at one of Oliver Queens fancy parties.

Airing Wednesday, March 20 at 8pm on The CW Columbus, the episode features the long-awaited opening of Oliver Queens Starling City nightclub, in which DJ and producer Aoki will make a cameo appearance as himself.

Since money is no object for a billionaire like Oliver Queen (series star Stephen Amell), he hires the worlds most in-demand  DJ " SteveAoki " to play opening night at his new club.

Tracks from Aokis recently released EP, Its the End of theWorld As We Know It, will be included in the episode, in addition to tracks from affiliated artists on Aokis Dim Mak music label.

The 35-year-old is an American electro house musician, record producer and the founder of Dim Mak Records. He has also been in numerous bands, including This Machine Kills, which released an album on Ebullition Records, Esperanza, and The Fire Next Time.

You can follow him on Twitter @SteveAoki

Source: Comicbook.com

The Soprano Diaries: SNL spoofs The Carrie Diaries

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - The Soprano Diaries: SNL spoofs The Carrie Diaries
02/04/13
Saturday Night Live is definitely known for their parodies of pop culture and politics, so it's actually pretty cool that our newest midseason show "The Carrie Diaries" is popular enough to be parodied on the late-night television show. 

"The Carrie Diaries" is a look back at Carrie Bradshaw's life in the '80s, so SNL decided to look back at Tony Soprano's life in the '80s with "The Soprano Diaries". The hilarious sketch included Adam Levine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2H9Jmb6Sgs

Anna Sophia Robb laughed about it on Good Day Sacramento and said that the cast watched the spoof during Brendan Dooling (Walt)'s birthday party. 

My Keratin Complex Treatment At J. Bentley Studio & Spa

01/28/13

JBentley Studio and Spa

Lately, whenever people tell me my hair looks nice, I've got three words for them: Keratin Complex Treatment.

Have you heard of it? I hadn't until a few months ago.

Currently, I'm in the midst of the long, grueling process of growing out my relaxer. It's been about two years now, so my relaxer is mostly gone. I still like to wear my hair straight though, and I was having a tough time getting it as straight as I like. When I told Taira Harris, a stylist at J.Bentley Studio & Spa (an official CW Columbus sponsor), about my struggles she offered to put a Keratin in my hair.

What's "a Keratin"? Well, according to my research:

The Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy works differently from traditional chemical straightening systems--including Brazilian straighteners--and its competitors. Relaxers are designed primarily to straighten curly hair. The keratin treatment is designed primarily to restore health to damaged or abused hair. The result is straight hair.

Traditional straighteners (thio or lye based) change the chemical bonds of the hair.  Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy does not alter the bonds.  Instead, this system conditions the hair while adding shine and increasing manageability by infusing natural keratin deep into the cuticle of the hair shaft.  As a result, each strand is keratin buffered by this unique, patent-pending process.  Natural keratin is restored and hair is rejuvenated.

It leaves the hair smoother, silkier, straighter and shinier.  It eliminates up to 95% of unwanted frizz and reduces styling time in half.  It is also safe to use on all hair types, including color-treated hair.

In layman's terms: It's. Awesome.

The day, I went to get my Keratin treatment, I got highlights as well. Apparently, it's best to get color immediately prior to receiving the treatment so the color will be sealed in. After the treatment, the hair has to wait 2 weeks before you can color it. (You can also get a Keratin on TOP of a relaxer!)

I already had red highlights that Mary Beth applied during the CW Star contest, so Steve Napier added lighter brown and blonde highlights to my hair.

All foiled up!
All foiled up!

I've always, always, always wanted to get several shades of highlights in my hair, but I didn't want to get my hair colored while I still had a relaxer. Now, that my relaxer is mostly gone, I was super excited to finally get some variety! I didn't expect it to come out this nice though. Steve is amazing!

After Steve put in the color and washed my hair, it was time to get the Keratin.

Kinky Curly

The application is much like a relaxer with the parting, applying, smoothing and letting it sit for 20 minutes. The major difference is that it's not a chemical so I don't get that painful burning sensation followed by those massive scalp scabs that I'd be pulling out my head for the next several weeks. The thought of that makes me shudder now, but it was commonplace for the 12 years I wore a relaxer in my head. (Hashtag: Never Again)

Keratin treatment

Anyway, after the Keratin was applied, Taira blowdryed my hair then flat ironed it.

Keratin Blowdry

"Steve Napier Color and Highlights"
This color is gorgeous! Thanks Steve!!!

I was finished for the day, but she instructed me to wear my hair bone straight for the next three days. No ponytails, no getting it wet, no curling the ends, no putting my hair behind my ears. Any of that could cause a permanent bend in my hair. I was only allowed to loosely wrap my hair at night as long as I alternated directions when wrapping.

When I left the salon, I was terrified that I was going to mess up the treatment and accidentally get caught in a rainstorm or a hurricane or be forced at gunpoint to put my hair in a ponytail or something.

Day 1
Day 1
Day 2
Day 2
Day 3
Day 3

These fears were unfounded, so on Monday, I went back to the salon where Taira washed and curled my hair.

Taira curled hair

Keratin Care Roots
Look at those roots!!

Keratin Complex Treatment

J Bentley Keratin Treatment

Keratin Complex Treatment

It looked and felt fantastic!! The highlights! The Keratin! I was in love!!!!...but still a little skeptical that it was the Keratin that got my hair straight and not just the fact that a professional washed and flat-ironed it.

Two weeks later, I attempted to do my own hair to really test out this Keratin and see if it's all it's cracked up to be. After washing my hair, it normally it takes me about 45 minutes to blowdry it. I part it in sections and use the comb attachment on my blowdryer yet still look like Simba when it's dry (yes Simba from Lion King!).

JBentley sells the Keratin shampoo and conditioner and which helps extend the life of the Keratin and keeps you from washing it out immediately.

Keratin_Complex_Color_Care_Shampoo___Conditioner_13_5_oz_ea_

Remember the earlier picture of my hair wet pre-Keratin? This is hair wet post-Keratin. A lot less kinky curly!
Remember the earlier picture of my hair wet pre-Keratin? This is hair wet post-Keratin. A lot less kinky curly!

So, I washed my hair with those products, parted it and blowdried it in sections like I normally do and it only took 15 minutes to dry! Annnnd it blow-dried straight!

IMG_5979
Ignore my messing dressing room haha

No more Simba! Even when I had a relaxer, my hair didn't blowdry this straight. I still flat ironed it but it was barely necessary!

So, yeah this Keratin treatment is the truth! Beyond making my hair easier to manage, it makes it megasoft and so silky straight, that it's hard to wrap it sometimes!

The Keratin isn't permanent, it just gradually washes out after about three to six months if you don't get it reapplied. I'll definitely be getting it reapplied though. This is one of the best decisions I've made for my hair since quitting relaxers two years ago.

If you're thinking about getting the treatment, I say do it!!!!

Unfortunately, this isn't something your cousin KeKe can throw in your hair in her "kitchen salon" while she fries chicken and babysits her neighbor's kids. They do have the Keratin product you can buy in the store, but if you want the real deal, you have to go to a professional.

In fact, the Keratin Complex people require every salon and stylist administering the treatment be trained and accredited prior to use. Taira Harris is actually a certified Keratin Complex trainer, so she definitely knows what she's doing. And for a fairly new (and pretty costly) treatment like this one, you want to go to someone who is qualified.

So, that's my hair update! This whole natural hair thing isn't so bad after all :-) 

Click on this link to see a video of the process. 

(Make an appointment online with Taira Harris today!!)

Columbus Named as Only U.S. City Among 7 Smartest Cities in the World

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Columbus Named as Only U.S. City Among 7 Smartest Cities in the World
01/25/13

If you're a Columbus resident then consider yourself among the smartest in the whole WORLD! 

A press release from Mayor Coleman's office reported: 

The Intelligent Communities Forum announced Wednesday its annual list of the Top 7 Intelligent Communities of the Year, and Columbus is the only U.S. city on the list. The seven cities include three from North America, two from Taiwan and two from Europe and were selected from among the Smart21 of 2013.  In October of 2012 Columbus was named to the Smart 21 list for the second consecutive year.   Much of this years nomination focused on workforce development efforts in the region to build a knowledge workforce capable of competing in a 21st century economy.  Programs from Columbus State Community College, Battelles STEM education and workforce development networks, Metro High School, the Columbus Metropolitan Library and the newly launched Per Scholas were just a few of the initiatives included in the citys nomination response. In addition, the ICF judges intelligent communities based on accessibility to broadband, digital inclusion and innovation.

Columbus will now go on to compete for honors as the Intelligent Community of the Year for 2013 which will be announced in June as part of the ICFs annual meeting in New York City.

For complete details on the ICF and the full list of the Top 7 for 2013, visit www.intelligentcommunity.org

Of course, we are smart. We watch the best network in the world: The CW! 

The CW Outperforms Broadcast Competition

01/17/13
So how is The CW doing amid a turbulent mid-season ratings landscape? Awesome! The network is outperforming the broadcast competition. 

On average, the four big networks (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) viewership decreased five to six percent in the 18-49, 25-54 and 18-34 demos. The CW, however, either increased or stayed the same. 

Keep in mind these numbers came out before Monday's The Carrie Diaries series premiere. 

Our CW shows have some of the best fanbases in the nation and we appreciate all of the viewers who continue to tune in, day after day, week after week.  

The Carrie Diaries Premieres To Rave Reviews

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - The Carrie Diaries Premieres To Rave Reviews
01/16/13
The Carrie Diaries was definitely the most highly-anticipated show this season -- and for good reason. I've seen the show four times already and I love it! AnnaSophia Robb is sensational as "Carrie". She and Freema Ageyman's "Larissa" are probably my two favorite characters. Pilots are generally terrible, but this one was so fantastic, that I watched both the premiere and the encore on Monday night. That's two full hours of The Carrie Diaries!
But don't take my word for it. The television critics love her! They really love her!

TV.com called it "straightforward, honest, and earnest". They pointed out that unlike other teen dramas "characters' emotions were taken seriously, and importantly, were prioritized over puns, sarcasm, or incessant popular culture references." "In short, it has the potential to be the sincere teen drama that many of us have been waiting for The CW to develop since its inception seven years ago."

Forbes.com preferred it over Girls, Sex and the City and Twilight, praising Carrie for having goals, thinking on her feet, and choosing her career over the boy.

Glamour Magazine said they "loved the first episode of this show." The writer revealed, "I watch a lot of TV. I watch a lot of pilots. And it's not very often that I feel like the first episode of a show is totally different than what I expected. I cried during this episode. Several times! And here comes the big shocker--I really latched onto the main character."

HitFix.com said: "The Carrie Diaries" is the first time in almost three years, then, that I've had a warm thought for Carrie Bradshaw " not because it gave me flashbacks to that time that Sarah Jessica Parker quoted "The Way We Were," but because the new series succeeds on its own nostalgic terms."

TVFanatic.com compliments, "I think this show was adorable and the first episode introduced us to a lot of stuff we can explore down the road." Time Magazine calls it a "smarter-than-average teen dramedy...that managed to echo its big-sister story [SATC] without being enslaved to it.

The Entertainment Weekly reviewer found it "refreshing" and said "the show feels a little innocent and retro".

If you missed The Carrie Diaries pilot you can watch it free on CWTV.com. A new episode airs Monday at 8pm on the CW Columbus! 

Rita Ora Set To Appear On 90210 Next Week!

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - Rita Ora Set To Appear On 90210 Next Week!
01/15/13
90210 is back next week with an all-new episode featuring 22-year-old British singer-songwriter Rita Ora! 

Rita is signed to Roc Nation and, in 2012, she released her debut album "Ora". That album  debuted at number one in the United Kingdom and a US version of the album will be released "soon. On 90210, Rita will be playing herself and performing at Dixons label launch party! 

In October, after shooting the episode, the singer posted a picture on Twitter (@RitaOra) of herself riding a bike through the 90210 set captioned: "Earlier on set at 90210 being naughty I stole it!!" 

The episode, Misery Loves Company, will air when the show returns January 21st at 8pm on the CW! 

Watch the preview for next week's episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXz_bbvbOS0

AnnaSophia Robb is TV's Next It Girl

The CW Columbus :: CW Buzz - AnnaSophia Robb is TV
01/07/13

AnnaSophia Robb is one of the most buzzed about starlets in Hollywood these days! 

This week, Teen Vogue announced that "TV's Next It Girl" is on the cover of their February 2013 issue. 

AnnaSophia is playing a 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw in the highly anticipated Sex and the City prequel "The Carrie Diaries" and she tells Teen Vogue that she almost turned the role down: 

"When I was younger, I didn't want to be on TV," she says. "I made a conscious decision to stay away from Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel"not that they're not great companies, but because I wanted to play different kinds of roles and have the freedom to choose my projects. So when my agent called about this job, I said no way. TV was too much of a commitment." But [The Carrie Diaries] pilot script won her over. "I realized it was actually a really strong story. It had a lot of heart and integrity, and Carrie seems like a character that I can grow with."

Yeah, that and the fact that no one in her right mind would walk away from the opportunity to play one of the most iconic characters of the 21st century. 

You can watch a bonus video interview at TeenVogue.com (http://www.teenvogue.com/entertainment/cover-stars/2013-01/annasophia-robb-video)

The Carrie Diaries premieres Monday, January 14th at 8pm on the CW Columbus! 

Are you looking forward to The Carrie Diaries? Tweet us @CWStarColumbus

Recent Entries

#ByeFelicia: Famous In 12 Cancelled

#FamousIn12: What The Artiagas Need

What Does It Mean To Be #FamousIn12?

Hair Update: My 3rd Keratin Complex Treatment At J. Bentley

THE CW ANNOUNCES 2014-2015 FALL SCHEDULE

The CW's Hit Online Show Will Air This Summer On The Network!

2014 CW Finale Dates!!

What Did You Think Of The Golden Globes?

"Brides Against Breast Cancer" Tour Is Coming to Columbus!

What I'm Watching: REIGN

Celebrate My Drive: Help Pickerington High School Central Win a Kelly Clarkson Concert!

CMH Fashion Week Fashion Show!

Supernatural and The Originals Scare Up the CW's Most Watched Tuesday In YEARS!

CMH Fashion Week High Tea!

What I'm Reading

My Hair is Growing - Thanks to J.Bentley Studio & Spa!

Easy Oreo Truffle Recipe!

Fall Premiere Dates REVISED!

2013 CW Fall Premiere Dates!

My Review of The Internship

My Time (and Sanity!) Saving Style Tip: Use Pinterest To Help You Get Dressed

Keratin Complex Treatment Update!

The Search Is On! ABC is Looking for the Next Bachelor or Bachelorette!

CW Fall Renewals and Additions!

RENEWED: Hart of Dixie and Beauty and The Beast

TVD Spinoff "The Originals" Picked Up For the Fall!

Tom Cruise Oblivion Review #HatedIt

The Carrie Diaries Season One Fashion Recap!

2013 Season Finale Dates

We Met #TVD's Kat Graham!

Two Sex and the City Alums Will Star In The Carrie Diaries!

Justin Timberlake is Bringing Sexy Back to the CW

60 Days! Cap City Half Marathon Training Update

Prince Michael Jackson Is Coming to 90210

Grey Damon Newest Addition to CW Pilot Oxygen

First "Lost" Now Found on the CW!

The Dark Knight actor Chin Han has landed a role on Arrow.

A Win To Sink Your Teeth Into: The Vampire Diaries Beat Out NBC and ABC

Beauty and the Beast Wins Four SpoilerTV Awards!

I'm Signed Up To Run The Cap City Half Marathon!

Two Cast In Upcoming The Vampire Diaries Spinoff: The Originals!

Happy Birthday Columbus!!

Aimee Teegarden Will Star In New CW Pilot: Oxygen

Adelaide Kane landed lead role in CW Pilot: Reign

The Capital City Half-Marathon Training Schedules

My 1st (and 2nd!) Shellac Manicure Experience at J. Bentley Studio & Spa

Steve Aoki Will Guest Star on ARROW

The Soprano Diaries: SNL spoofs The Carrie Diaries

My Keratin Complex Treatment At J. Bentley Studio & Spa

Columbus Named as Only U.S. City Among 7 Smartest Cities in the World

The CW Outperforms Broadcast Competition

The Carrie Diaries Premieres To Rave Reviews

Rita Ora Set To Appear On 90210 Next Week!

AnnaSophia Robb is TV's Next It Girl

Advertise with us!
IE6 Float Fix